The modern market is full of electrical products products from China and Korea, due to the low quality which subsequently affected the consumer. Especially difficult to find a quality and durable cable for power lines - sockets and lighting. But another option is still there - VVG cable that combines an affordable price and a sufficiently long service life.
Deciphering the names and specifications
Before you learn the technical characteristics of the cable, it is necessary to decipher the name correctly:
- The absence of the letter "A" (aluminum) at the beginning of the short abbreviations, means that the live cable conductor made of copper. Which is much better than even the use of high-quality aluminum.
- The letter "B" means that the main insulation of the cable is made of polyvinyl chloride - almost incombustible and highly reliable material.
- The second letter "B" indicates polyvinyl chloride insulation, but on themselves the cable leads.
- The letter at the end of the abbreviation - "G" means that the cable is no armor.
After deciphering the names, you can move on to the technical characteristics, namely:
- VVG designed for continuous operation at nominal voltage of 660 V or 1 kV. Therefore, the standard voltage - 220 V or 380 V, is not only permissible, but also considered the most appropriate.
- Operating frequency - 50 Hz.
- The cable may be used over a wide temperature range from -50 0 C to +50 0 ° C. The maximum short-term heating temperature can not exceed 80 0C, or conductive wires will be damaged.
- Allowed to lay the cable at ambient temperature not lower than -15 0C. If the figure below, the cable before laying should be warm.
- The service life stated by the manufacturer: no less than 30 years.
- Storage time indoors - no more than 10 years, in the open air - no more than 5 years.
VVG over long years of operation has proven to be a reliable and durable electrical current conductor. You can purchase it for a very reasonable price, and with the owner of the house or apartment gets a reliable cable performance for at least 30 years.
Where applicable, and what to replace?
Depending on the cross-section of conductors, cable VVG applies:
- The power lines for connection and operation of sockets. Most often, this trohzhilny cable section not less than 2.5 sm2.Dlya connection cooking surfaces and ovens are best used conductor section not less than 4 cm2.
- The lighting lines. For these purposes two-VVG, section of not more than 1.5 cm2. Smaller section is best installed on a low-voltage lighting network with low voltage.
VVG can replace virtually identical VVGng, the last letters which represent non-combustible insulation. But VVGng price slightly higher than the standard VVG.
The main varieties
VVG also has several other varieties, including:
- VVGng LS. Insulation of the cable is practically does not burn, but slowly smolders and does not emit harmful fumes.
- VVGng LSLTx. It differs from other cables minimal toxicity in the smoke that comes from smoldering insulation.
- VVGng-FRLS. Cable with some mica content, so it can withstand a few hours of an open flame.
Also, when electrical work VVGp often used, which is a flat cable form. When correctly installed, a conductor may be laid without wrinkles.
P.S. For more information on this cable you can read in my article.