In this article I want to tell you about one unusual method of planting radishes, which allows you to completely forget about leaving (Except irrigation). Its essence lies in the use of egg trays, which allow to cope with many challenges, such as weeds, earth crust and thickening beds.
Now everything is in order, start with the advantages.
Advantages landing in egg trays
Planting crops in the trays out of the eggs have many advantages over classical beds. And the negative aspects, as is usually the case with any method, I have not yet revealed.
Here are a couple of major advantages that are especially important when growing radishes:
- Paper trays out of the eggs, unlike other purchased separators are worth nothing. They can easily accumulate over the winter or ask in a rural grocery store;
- As part of the classic paper trays do not have any elements that could harm the soil or crops. Instead, they contain cellulose, which saturates the soil nutrients;
- Paper trays are a great barrier to weeds. With such landings in weeds have no chance. After all, access to sunlight have only vegetable crops;
- Trays will be an excellent mulch. They will keep for a long time the ground wet, but it will not break the water balance;
- cell trays keep the optimal distance between the radish plant. This will help prevent thickening of landings, but each plant will receive the required amount of light, moisture and nutrients;
- With this method does not require regular landing loosening, which is necessary in order to avoid formation of crust of earth;
- For the first time, the cellular structure of trays will protect the weak seedlings from the wind and the scorching sun;
- At the end of the season, the trays can be sent to a compost pit, or used as a layer for warm beds.
Planting radishes in egg trays
Plant radishes in the egg trays even easier than on a normal bed. Special knowledge and additional investment is required. The entire process consists of 5 simple steps.
Step 1. Choosing a place for planting
For growing radishes are best suited sunny spot with good drainage and good air circulation.
Clean the bed of the future of weeds and debris. We loosened and leveled the ground.
Do not make the beds with radish in scavenged places. Strong winds can break and damage the young shoots of the green part of the adult plant.
Step 2. Cut holes in the trays
Now we take the egg trays and cut holes in them. The most convenient way is simply to cut the "hills" on the underside of the tray.
The holes must be of a diameter to Radish roots can go into the ground smoothly.
Step 3. Puts trays
Further trays laid over the entire surface beds adjacent to one another. Never leave large gaps between them and the bare ground, or on the site will begin to sprout weeds.
Stacked trays must be lightly pressed into the ground. This is done by two reasons:
- Firstly, in order not to leave an air layer which can germinate weeds;
- Secondly, in order to planting time seeds do not roll under the tray, and remained in his cell.
Step 4. anchoring trays
To wind blew trays, they must be secured. You can do it the old conventional wire or nails.
Some gardeners pressed trays with stones, but it is not very convenient.
Step 5. planted radishes
Now spread the seeds of radish in every cell of our tray. Top covered with earth and sand (I would advise the sand, so the fruits are obtained clearer and have a regular shape)
Now, plenty of water our flower bed. That's it, planting process is completed. It remains only radishes watered regularly to maintain optimal humidity.
I would be glad if my article was useful to you. Put the "Thumbs Up" and subscribe to a channel. Thanks!