Surprisingly, the world learned about eggplant thanks to the Arab countries. From a botanical point of view, eggplant is a berry, but in cooking it is considered a vegetable. On the Russian market, oblong and lilac-colored eggplant is familiar, but scientists have identified many varieties of various shapes (oval, round, pear-shaped) and colors (yellow, white, blue), as well as various weights: from 30 g to 2 kg.
Please put your likes and subscribe to the channel "About Fasenda". This will allow us to publish more interesting garden articles.
In addition, eggplant is a very nutritious and useful product in terms of composition.
100 g contains only 24 kcal, most of all essential minerals such as potassium, copper, magnesium, iron.
And also eggplant is rich in vitamins B and P, ascorbic acid. It is indicated for people with problems of the cardiovascular system, as it is the leader in removing harmful cholesterol from the body among vegetables.
This article presents a recipe for the best eggplant stew for the winter, thanks to it, you can enjoy your favorite and healthy vegetable not only during the peak season, but also throughout the winter. Eggplant stew is arguably one of the tastiest, thanks to the fact that this recipe does not use vinegar.
For a stew with a volume of about 2.5 liters, you will need:
- Eggplant - 2 kg.
- Tomatoes - 600 g.
- Bulb onions - 200 g.
- Carrots - 500 g.
- Bulgarian pepper - 500 g.
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml.
- Fresh parsley - 30 g.
- Garlic - one head.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
For a delicious stew, follow these cooking steps:
- The eggplants should be cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Cut vegetables into small cubes: onion and bell pepper. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater. The most attractive look can be achieved by using a Korean carrot grater.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, then add the onion and fry until half cooked.
- Add bell pepper to the onion and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- After adding the eggplant cubes, combine with bell pepper and onion in a pan, add the required amount of salt and pepper and continue cooking until the main vegetable is half cooked over low heat. If the vegetables are not juicy enough and burn on, it is not forbidden to add a few tablespoons of water.
- After 8-10 minutes, the vegetables will reach the desired readiness; grated carrots should be added to them. Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer in its own juice for another 3-4 minutes.
While the vegetables are languishing, you should prepare a tomato sauce that will make the stew more juicy and allow you to preserve it without vinegar.
To prepare the sauce you need:
Put tomatoes, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender and bring to a homogeneous mass. If you don't have a blender, you can use a meat grinder or just chop all the ingredients very finely. When the sauce is ready, add it to the rest of the vegetables and simmer until cooked. After about 8-10 minutes, the eggplant ragout is ready.
The dish can be served hot right away, or closed in jars, leaving until winter.
The natural properties of garlic and tomato will allow the stew to be stored for a long time without vinegar.
The main thing is not to forget to sterilize the cans and lids with high quality.
Do you make eggplant stew?
Original articleand many other materials, you can find on ourwebsite.
Read about eggplant salad in the following article:Eggplant salad for every day