During the operation of electric networks is sometimes necessary to de-energize consumers. The classic device to perform this procedure is a well-known switch - its functions are intuitively clear even from the title: he "cuts off" consumers.
Due to the unsatisfactory weight and size circuit breakers in the organization of home wiring is not used and is replaced by modular switches load. Community of purpose to its predecessor emphasizes sometimes used name for this element: a mini-switch.
Differences from the circuit breaker
By widely distributed modular switch the circuit breaker is characterized primarily reinforced by the contact group. The design of the assembly is designed so that when switching currents up to several tens of amperes to provide maintaining characteristics within the tolerances allowed for at least ten thousand cycles operation.
As a result, the durability of parts is provided superior to the circuit breaker at least one order of magnitude.
Sheer contact group some models for reasons of maximum de-energization of high reliability can be realized by dual-circuit breaking.
Main features of the modular switch
In order to improve the functional flexibility of the device in its structure may be provided:
- windows on the housing (see. Figure 1), the presence of which allows visual monitoring of the condition and contact position;
- inner arc extinguishing chamber at the time of circuit break;
- mechanical locking elements accidental activation.
The housing is provided with a standardized switch seats to be mounted on DIN-rail.
For visual isolation of his device developer:
- includes labeling on the BH housing;
- usually performs control lever larger.
These features are represented graphically in Figure 2.
Certain varieties of switches are different from each other:
- number of switched circuits (one to four, in the latter case the device can be used as part of the 3-phase wiring);
- maximum allowable load current.
Depending on the type of light switch switched network calculated at 220 or 380 V. The main varieties of switches represented in the sale, usually without consequences tolerate repeated slight excess of the permissible rated current.
Most devices have a toggle switch. Figure 3 shows an exemplary embodiment of the 3-pole switch with rotary control lever.
Place the switch unit in the residential electrical wiring
Modular switch does not contain protection circuits against short-circuit and therefore must always be used in tandem with the circuit breaker.
When you create a modular switch wiring:
- They include directly with the input;
- connected in series with automatic;
- selected current rating of at least the following steps in comparison with the circuit breaker.
In the presence of each challenge their automatic installation practice modular switch in place a common induction machine.
Selection of a particular model is performed taking into account that some devices may species as the neutral wire break and not affect it when triggered.
The most advisable to install the switch in the opening panel, thereby achieving ease of switching and maintenance.