Good afternoon, my reader. In our country, probably, there is not a single housewife who has not canned cucumbers at least once in her life. If there are such, then in any case there are very few of them. This is due to the fact that pickled cucumbers are not only an integral part of the festive table, but also a favorite dish from the everyday menu. Our loved ones always eat such homemade preparations with undisguised pleasure.
Please put your likes and subscribe to the channel "About Fasenda". This will allow us to publish more interesting garden articles.
Pickled cucumbers are constantly used in the same salads. For example, it is simply impossible to imagine the most popular salad "Olivier" without them. So it turns out that you need to start harvesting such a vegetable right from the summer so that your family will have enough of it at least until the first spring days. Today I will tell you a somewhat unusual recipe for harvesting cucumbers for the winter. As a result, you will get a dish that should somewhat resemble store-bought cucumbers.
Such a recipe is called - "Cucumbers in Bulgarian".
These are very tasty and crispy cucumbers, with onions and carrots added. Combined, this set of garden gifts delivers an amazing range of flavors, turning into a dish of all the vitamins.
Cucumbers with carrots and onions in Bulgarian
Required products (per 1-1.5 liter can): - cucumbers, - cloves of garlic - 2-3 pcs., - onion - head, - carrot (medium size) - 1 pc., - dill - one umbrella, - black pepper - 3-5 peas.
Brine (1 liter of water): - table salt - 1.5 tbsp. l., - granulated sugar - 3.5 tbsp. l., - vinegar (9%) - 90 ml.
- We wash the cucumbers thoroughly using a sponge. We soak them in clean water and keep in it for 6 to 8 hours. Then we take out and cut off all the tips from both sides.
- Peel the onions and rinse the carrots. The first one is cut into large rings, and the carrot lengthwise (lengthwise) into 4-6 pieces.
- We sterilize our jars, boil the lids. Then put a dill umbrella, peas, garlic cloves on the bottom of the glass container. We also send onion rings there.
- Put the cucumbers cut along the edges in jars, alternating them (if possible) with carrot straws.
- Pour water into a saucepan, boil it and pour boiling water into the cucumbers. Let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Then we drain the water and take a liter from it for our brine.
- We throw sugar and salt into this liter. Stir them and place the pot on the hotplate. When the water boils, reduce the heat and pour vinegar into the brine.
- Then we pour the resulting brine into the jars and let it brew for 20 minutes, closing the jars with lids.
- Then we drain the brine again, bring to a boil and pour it back into the jars. Then we roll up the cans with lids and check, putting them on their side, if they are not leaking.
- Finally, flip the cans over and place them on the lids. Wrap it up with a blanket or blanket and let it cool completely. Done!
Pickled cucumbers, pleasing to the eye, will remind you of a wonderful summer time and again and will allow you to enjoy yourself on long winter evenings. By the way, they are perfectly stored at home. Not everyone has a cool cellar.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you cook pickled cucumbers in Bulgarian style?
Original articleand many other materials, you can find on ourwebsite.
You can also read about pickled eggplants in the following article:Pickled eggplant - lick your fingers