Good afternoon, my reader. Homemade drinks are a great way to quench your summer thirst. And when berries and fruits ripen in the gardens, they can be made almost daily. Today we will tell you a rather simple method of making homemade apricot and cherry compote, which is made without sterilization. Two types of such fruits perfectly complement each other, and the drink from them turns out to be excellent in taste and very beautiful in color.
Please put your likes and subscribe to the channel "About Fasenda". This will allow us to publish more interesting garden articles.
Apricot and cherry compote
Required products: - apricots - one and a half kilograms, - cherry fruits - 250-500 g (1-2 glasses), - granulated sugar (per liter of water) - 200-300 g, - citric acid - 0.5 tsp. spoons.
- First of all, prepare jars for compotes. Glass containers must be sterilized here. This process can be done in two ways. Pour boiling water over the containers a couple of times or hold them over steam. We also boil the lids with which we will close the compotes.
- Now we are preparing the main ingredients. For our drink, hard cherries are best suited. It is also advisable to select moderately ripe apricots (not green and not overripe) for this harvesting. This is due to the fact that the unripe will then add a bitterness to the compote, and the overripe will simply creep in it.
- Next, we sort through and process the cherries. We remove the twigs and leaves, after which we thoroughly rinse the fruits, changing the water for them twice. However, remember that cherries do not like moisture very much, so you do not need to keep them wet for a long time. Immediately after the second wash, place the berries in a colander and let all the water drain from them.
- The next step is to thoroughly rinse the selected apricots. Then we lay out one row of them in banks. Put the second row of cherry berries on top. And on top is another row of apricots.
- Thus, we fill the cans by 1/3 (you can even half). Boil water in a saucepan and pour boiling water over berries and fruits. It is necessary to pour hot water carefully and slowly so that the glass containers do not burst from sudden heating. As a result, pour boiling water to the edges of the jar, close them with lids and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Then we pour the water back into the pan and start making syrup out of it. Pour sugar, stir it and bring the water to a new boil.
- Next, fill the jars with fresh syrup, turn them finally with lids, turn the jars over and see if there are any smudges. If everything is in order, then leave the compote to cool until morning.
- Then you can try it, or you can store it in a cool place.
This compote made from apricots and cherries will surely please your family and friends. Berries and fruits from it can then be used in the preparation of fruit salads or simply to decorate some desserts with them.
Enjoy your meal!
Are you preparing an apricot-cherry compote for the winter?
Original articleand many other materials, you can find on ourwebsite.
How to make apple compote also read the following article:Apple compote recipe