Alternative energy sources are gaining popularity from year to year. When installing solar panels the result is visible at once: it is independent of an external electrical network, and the possibility of selling surplus electricity.
In this case, the only negative quality panels is their price is too high, otherwise, these products do not require special care, just enough to properly mount the system once. A legitimate question arises: is it possible to collect the solar panel and how to do it yourself.
The first "building" material, which is required in the manufacture of solar - drive surface that converts the sun's rays directly into electricity.
The best option - monocrystalline modules with a long service life (at least 25 years), high efficiency and relatively affordable pricing.
All other materials can be categorized as consumables.
For the manufacture of solar cells with their own hands will need:
- Insulated and non-insulated copper wires 2.5 mm2.
- Thin metal corner.
- Sheet fiberboard, chipboard or OSB. The sheet size should be no less than the panel-drive.
- Wooden slats.
- Silicone sealant.
- The standard battery voltage of 12 V.
When all the materials are collected, it is necessary to arm hacksaw, drill, soldering iron and start to work.
The sequence of manufacturing the solar cell with his hands
Monocrystalline modules - very fragile material, so they should be handled carefully and in any case soldering iron, do not overheat, otherwise the output indicators produced electricity will be very different from expected.
The process of manufacturing the solar battery:
1. Copper wire without insulation cut into equal lengths and solder with a soldering iron to monocrystalline modules. For added convenience, the module before soldering should be laid on a flat surface.
2. Cut of fiberboard, chipboard or OSB sheet of the same dimensions as the module, over the entire area to drill a series of holes of the sheet. Secure the edges of the wooden slats using construction adhesive. For reliability, you can use self-tapping screws.
3. Cut glass top, the presser portion of the panel which will correspond to the sizes already finished sheets of fiberboard, chipboard or OSB. It is also necessary to cut metal corner segments such as to obtain the frame to fix the protective glass.
4. Monocrystalline module is positioned on the glass. If there are multiple elements, they should be soldered together. It is necessary to strictly observe the polarity and solder the "+" and "-" one element to the "+" and "-" the other.
Important! Between monocrystalline modules should remain a distance of at least 5 mm. To accurately observe the gaps between the panels, it is very convenient to use crosses for laying tiles.
5. Sticking to the glass modules with silicone sealant.
6. Drilling a metal frame 2 holes for terminals "+" and "-" panels.
7. Put the glass on a sheet of hardboard, particle board or OSB, from top to press and fix the metal frame. Through the pre-prepared holes to hold lead wires and to fill them with sealant.
8. Check the operation panel. To do this, it must be installed in direct sunlight and use a multimeter to measure the strength of the current at the terminals.
If the panel is working, it is left to include in the scheme of the battery and the inverter. The larger number of panels to be installed, the greater the generated electric power.
p.s. Another embodiment of a solar cell with their hands, you can check out in our article.