Circuit breakers and RCDs are not the only means of home electrical protection. Because not always stable indicators, such as voltage and frequency, may seriously suffer expensive electronics, without the possibility of recovery. To prevent the problem, you must set the voltage switch to electropanelboard, and how to do it correctly described later in this article.
What is the voltage relay?
Voltage relay refers to the variety of switching devices, and compares the current value with the set. Modern devices allow you to set a certain threshold, after which the relay is activated and turns off your home network, maintaining all electrical appliances in working order.
What are the voltage relay:
- Displays only the mains voltage. All information is displayed on the handy little display.
- Devices that also displays the strength of the current. Not too important function, but savvy people can be identified by the high current problem or find fault.
- Relay, showing just 3 parameters: voltage, current and power consumption. These devices are the most expensive but also the most convenient to use. All control buttons provided.
There are also convenient and compact voltage relays that are simply inserted into the socket, and do not connect cleanly in the switchboard. Such devices are practical in that they can be used for one or a pair of users, such as a computer.
How to connect voltage relay?
To connect voltage relay takes 10-15 minutes, provided that the known connection method is hand such a simple tool like a screwdriver indicator, curly screwdriver, montorsky or office knife.
Important! Voltage relay is always connected in the gap between the electrical meter and the further group of switching devices. Introductory machine, according to the rules, set up the device power account, so the network can always be switched off and in any case not to work under stress.
How to connect voltage relay:
- De-energize the network, turn off the main circuit breaker. Make sure that the area where the installation will be carried out, there is no dangerous voltage. To do this, use a screwdriver indicator.
- Set the time relay for DIN-rail, snap the lock to the rear of the device and check whether the quality keeps the switching device in its place.
- Strip the wires from the counter and to the consumer. Only 3 wires: 2-phase and 1 zero.
- The wires from electric meters, mounted on their regular places in the upper part of the relay. This is the "phase" and "zero". Just insert a wire in the terminal and tighten it with the bolt.
- Wire to the consumer, mounted on its regular place at the bottom of the device. This "phase", which will go to the apartment, the procedure of fixing it is the same as with the upper conductors.
- Turn on the main machine via the display make a screwdriver that the voltage supplied to the relay input.
- Enable relay and set the threshold.
Should exhibit both a lower and a higher threshold, the device may disable the network at all surges. Voltage relay can be connected to a single phase network with a total power consumption not more than 7 kW. If the load is greater than this figure, the network must also be mounted magnetic switch.